Here at Fix Forward we are welcoming 2021 with great enthusiasm and we are excited for all the hope that the fresh start brings. After all a year is a single yesterday when it is past, and now ahead 365 sweet new chances. In line with this sentiment, we have decided to bring you four homeowners “new year’s resolutions”, compiled to help you upgrade and optimise your living space this year.
1. Our first suggestion for a fresh start to the year is painting.
Painting is a great cost-effective way of creating a clean new environment for you and your loved ones. Whether you want to refresh a room that feels a bit stale and boring, or you want to cover up scuffs and dirt painting is a great go to option. In this weekly newsletter we cover this topic in more detail. Make sure to sign up so that you don’t miss helpful tips and tricks like this! Book a painter here.
2. Our second suggestion to try making your home more energy efficient this year.
This will not only save you money in the long run, but it is also more environmentally friendly. You can do this by:
- Using more energy efficient appliances.
- Make sure air isn’t escaping from your home. Warm air in the winter and cool air in the summer can escape through doors and windows that are not insulated properly. Prevent this by adding weather stripping to places that could be areas for drafts.
- Install a geyser cover. These can save you up to 30% on your heating bill
3. We also suggest surveying your current storage facilities and adding more if need be.
Having enough good storage space is necessary to help keep your home clean and de-cluttered moving into the new year. Ample storage is also one of the most desired attributes in a home, and will ultimately boost your re-sale value, making it a good investment. So perhaps this year it’s time to finally invest in some beautiful built-in cupboards. Our expert carpenters would be able to advise you on this. Bathrooms are also typically short in the storage department. We suggest adding a vanity cupboard or some floating shelves to remedy this. Book a carpenter.
4. Our fourth and final suggestion for this blog post is to sand and refinish your wooden floors.
This is something that is seen as a bit of a pain to do, but you will be so grateful when you have done it. Newly done floors bring a clean, light energy into any home and will make your living space all the more enjoyable moving into the new year. We recommend refinishing your floors every 7 years. Get in touch with one of our expert carpenters to do this for you.
That’s all for this blog post. We wish you and your loved ones all the best for 2021 and look forward to working on some awesome projects for you, by us. Goodbye 2020, and hello 2021 – let’s make this year great!